Project Management – Project Description
This section details the main information about the Do Well Science project
Context Science education is a key factor for European economy and society’s future competitiveness.
Objectives The general objective of the Do Well Science project is to increase secondary students’ achievements in science subjects. The specific objectives are:
- Provide support to science teachers in promoting an interdisciplinary and inquiry based teaching approach
- Develop innovative pedagogies for science teaching and learning
- Make full use of ICT communication potential to stimulate students’ commitment to learn scientific subjects
Target Groups The project is addressed to:
- Secondary Schools Science Teachers
- Secondary Schools Students
Activities The project activities will be organized in the following phases:
Phase 1 – Creation of the STEM Package for teaching and learning STEM
This phase is dedicated to the development of a teaching and learning environment for upper secondary school students and teachers of scientific subjects. The aim is to challenge students with problems, activities and exercises to be performed according to an enquiry based learning process.
Phase 2 – Testing activity and follow up
This phase is dedicated to the creation of a learning community of students and teachers at transnational level. STEM teachers will identify the most effective learning objects and how to make best use of them. Students will develop an autonomous active learning approach by sharing challenges and solutions with their peers.
Phase 3 – Development of the a Manual for innovative pedagogy in STEM contents
This phase is dedicated to production of a manual, addressed to teachers and policy makers, for the planning and implementation of innovative pedagogic approaches in teaching STEM at secondary school level
Phase 4 – Training and Multiplier events
The project partners will organize workshops addressed to teachers and headmasters. A number of multiplier events will be organized to disseminate the results reached, methodology implemented and output produced in the Do Well Science project. The participants in the multiplier events will be: school teachers, headmasters, administrative staff, experts in science education, policy makers.
Expected Results The main project results include:
- A collection of learning objects for Maths, Physics and Natural Sciences available both for desktop and mobile devices
- A publication on innovative pedagogy on science teaching